- Honolulu is on the island of Oahu. It's Hawaii's only large city. It is the state capital.
- Waikiki is the beach district of Honolulu. It's where the city's hotels, restaurants, and bars that cater to visitors are located. Chinatown is also a popular dining and nightlife district.
- A car in Honolulu is a hassle. Ride the super efficient buses and tourist trolleys.
- Hawaii is not only the name of the state. It's also the name of Hawaii's largest island. Hawaii Island is also known as the Big Island.
- The most visited outer islands are Maui, Kauai, and Hawaii Island (also known as the Big Island).
- The smaller outer islands of Lanai and Molokai also offer spectacular scenery, but less variety of tourist facilities.
- Check-in times at hotel and condominiums are typically 4PM. Condominiums normally require a 10AM check out, while hotel check outs are normally 11AM. Many hotels provide changing facilities for late flight departures.
- To get between the major outer islands you must fly. Average flight time is 40 minutes.
- Hawaii is a lovely place to get married, with an infinite variety of memorable settings. The process is simple. Rainbow Voyages can help arrange your wedding.
- The least expensive times to to visit Hawaii: Last two weeks of January, May thru mid June, mid August thru September, first three weeks of December.
Hotel Modern Honolulu
The Royal Hawaiian pool
Should I purchase a
Thinking of tying the knot in paradise?
It's easy! Same sex wedding has been legal since 2013.
Just give us a call!
Rainbow Voyages is proud to be a
as designated by the Hawaiian
Convention and Visitors Bureau
You'll find us listed on their very helpful website Go Hawaii under zip code 19145