- Honolulu is on the island of Oahu. It's Hawaii's only large city. It's also the state capital.
- Waikiki is the beach district of Honolulu. It's where most of the city's hotels, restaurants, and bars that cater to visitors are located. Chinatown is also a popular dining and nightlife district.
- A car in Honolulu is a hassle. Ride the super efficient buses and tourist trolleys.
- Hawaii is not only the name of the state. It's also the name of Hawaii's largest island. Hawaii Island is also known as the Big Island.
- The most visited outer islands are Maui, Kauai, and Hawaii Island (also known as the Big Island).
- The smaller outer islands of Lanai and Molokai also offer spectacular scenery, but less variety of hotels.
- Check-in times at hotel and condominiums are typically 4PM. Condominiums normally require a 10AM check out, while hotel check outs are normally 11AM. Some hotels provide changing facilities for late flight departures.
- To get between the major outer islands you must fly. Average flight time is 40 minutes.
- Hawaii is a lovely place to get married, with an infinite variety of memorable settings. The process is simple. I can set you up with reputable officiants and wedding planners.
- The least expensive times to to visit Hawaii: Mid January to Mid June except Spring break - Mid August through September November through Mid December Least expensive months with fabulous weather - May and September
Which island will you choose?
Here are some quick video glances of each -
Honolulu and Oahu
Maui, Molokai and Lanai
Island of Hawaii (Big Island)
For My LGBTQ Clients
VIDEO: Gay Hawaiian Wedding
VIDEO: Mahu - The Third Sex in Hawaii
Rainbow Voyages is proud to be a
as designated by the Hawaiian
Convention and Visitors Bureau
You'll find me listed on their very helpful website Go Hawaii under zip code 19145